Friday, September 14, 2012

Road Trip!

Two of my favorite words: Road Trip!

Marc had to drive to Birmingham to pick up something he had purchased down there, so we decided to make a day of it. He decided to take "Frank" on his first out-of-town trip. I mean, let's face it, "Frank" gets a whopping 35+mpg, so it was a no-brainer!

"Frank" on the interstate

I really wasn't in the mood to go when Marc first mentioned the trip to me. I've had a ton of school work to do lately, and it seems like I never catch up no matter how hard I work. My plan for that day was to get a couple weeks' work done, so I could have a breather during the week. Oh well, the best laid plans...

He persuaded me to go when he promised to take me to the Cheesecake Factory. (One of my favorites!) He also said we could go to World Market and HomeGoods. 

The Novel Menu

There are so many yummies on the menu that it's always so hard to decide what to eat. We decided to get an old favorite and to try some new things. Stepping out of my comfort zone, if you will.

Crab Wontons
(We always order these. They are so good!)

Sweet Corn Fritters
(Something new for us. The verdict's still out.)

Chicken Sliders
(Good, but way too many!)

Marc ordered the Shepherd's Pie, which was also new for him. He really liked it, and it was a huge, man-sized portion. We were both so stuffed that we decided to skip dessert. Imagine that!

After lunch, we picked up Marc's purchase, did a little shopping, and then headed home. Fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment