Thursday, January 10, 2013

Eating at Home: Day 7

Well, the weekend is almost here! Both of us are exhausted so I thought I would make some comfort food for dinner tonight. I needed something quick, though, because both of us are running on zero energy!

We seemed to have lots of breakfast food in the fridge/freezer so it seemed to be the meal to make. I made some country ham, eggs, hash browns, and Sister Shubert's rolls. (Marc's not a fan of biscuits. Darn Yankee!) It was so good! You really can't go wrong with breakfast for dinner!

Speaking of country ham, I don't think I've actually bought any, with the exception of in a restaurant, the whole time we've been married. My mother always picks out a whole ham, has it sliced, and sends it home with us in labeled Ziploc bags. I always have a stash of it in the freezer, but we seem to eat more of it during the holidays and colder months. It's also a Christmas morning tradition that Marc and I have continued in our house, although now we invite my parents over and I cook it.

Dinner has been cooked and cleaned up after, my daily laundry is done, and clothes are ready for tomorrow. I think it's time to wind down...



No comments:

Post a Comment