Saturday, October 13, 2012

Eating at Home: Day 10

We've had quite a busy day! We woke up at about 7:30 this morning, which is pretty late for us on a Saturday. After making a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, hash browns, and biscuits, Marc and I quickly cleaned up the house. (I've been doing really well sticking to my daily housekeeping schedule! I did miss a couple of days' laundry, though, due to those stupid migraine headaches.)

After doing a couple of other housekeeping things, we went to see Atlas Shrugged Part 2. Last weekend, we bought four $25 gift cards for Rave Motion Pictures for a whopping $12.49 each. So, today we were able to buy two movie tickets and popcorn, and we still have $4.00 left. I love deals like those!

We also had to run a few more errands while we were in town. Then we headed home to make dinner - coconut shrimp and baked potatoes. Last year, I found a recipe for coconut shrimp that was just as good (if not better!) than Outback. There is even a recipe for the orange marmalade that they serve it with listed in the comments. Perfect!

I also made baked potatoes in the Crock Pot. I rubbed them with olive oil and little sea salt, wrapped them in aluminum foil, and put them on low this morning. They were done when we got home, and they were so good! 

(Sorry the picture is blurry! I took it with my phone.)

I have one more load of laundry, and then I'll be done for the night! Oh, and tomorrow night might end up being an eat-at-home night, too. A local grocery store has lob-stah (my Eastern seaboard husband's favorite food!) on sale!



No comments:

Post a Comment