Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Eating at Home: Day 7

Tonight I made one of my favorite dishes: Poppyseed Chicken Casserole.

A few years ago, I wouldn't touch a casserole! I didn't like foods to touch on my plate, much less mixed together in a baking dish. Blech! 

Then I found a recipe for Poppyseed Chicken Casserole. The recipe called for things I would eat individually, and it just sounded really good. So I put aside my weird food issues and stepped outside my comfort zone. Since I could see what was going into the casserole, and I could control it, I felt much better about trying it. I fell in love with it!

Even to this day, though, I don't know that I would be able to eat it if someone else made it. And I'm still not a huge fan of casseroles. But this is one I can handle, and it's a perfect comfort food for cool fall days!


No comments:

Post a Comment