Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Eating at Home: Day 13

I tried another new recipe tonight...Taco Bake! I'm really happy with the way it turned out, too, so I'm adding it to the rotation.

It was really easy to make! I browned some ground chuck and seasoned it with taco seasoning. (We hardly every use ground beef, because ground chuck is so much more flavorful.) Then I put a tortilla shell on a baking dish and alternated taco meat, shredded cheese, and tortilla shells until it reached the top of the dish.

I covered the dish with some aluminum foil and baked it for about 20 minutes on 350 degrees. I was afraid the shells would dry out, but they were actually still moist when they were finished baking. I didn't put anything else on top, but you could certainly add lettuce, tomatoes, etc. Marc also said it would be better with some sour cream and/or guacamole. (Two things I rarely eat...)

Marc always says I use every dish we own when I'm making dinner. (Ha!) So tonight, I was nice and only used one pot/lid and one baking dish, along with a spoon and spatula, so clean up was really easy!

I'm debating about what to make for dinner tomorrow night. I had planned to make something new in the Crock Pot, but then I found out that we have a faculty meeting that has the potential of running really long. I'm kind of scared to try what I had planned, because I'm not sure how long to cook it. Oh well, I may need to look at Plan B!





No comments:

Post a Comment