Monday, October 8, 2012

Eating at Home: Day 6

I made something tonight that Marc has been asking for since we first got married 14 years ago. A POT ROAST!

My mom used to make pot roasts every other Sunday. That was one of my dad's favorite meals, so she would get up early and get one going before we left for church. I can still remember what it smelled like when she would sear the roast, and to be honest, it was a smell that I couldn't stand! 

After church, Daddy would drive us straight home, change his clothes, and sit at the table waiting for his pot roast. As we got older, it was easier on my mom to go out for dinner after church. I loved when that happened!

Then Marc started begging for pot roasts, and I finally gave in last week and bought all the ingredients to make him one. Last night, we cut the potatoes and carrots so I wouldn't have to do it before school. Then, this morning, I threw them into the Crock Pot, along with some beef broth. I seasoned a HUGE roast with some salt, pepper, and garlic and laid it right on top of the vegetables. 

When I got home this afternoon, the smell of dinner hit me when I walked in the door. It smelled good, but I still didn't eat any. Marc, though, had a big plate full! Man heaven! And there's a ton left over for him to take for lunch tomorrow.

To say he was thrilled is the understatement of the year!




No comments:

Post a Comment