Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Little Something to Remember Our Trip

I picked up a little something to remember our trip...

Dooney & Bourke Disney Fantasy
Inaugural Cruise Tote


The pictures don't really do this bag justice! I love the colors and that it has the Fantasy and the Wonder (the two ships we've sailed on) prominently on both the front and the back. 

My only gripe is that it's missing the stitched leather Dooney & Bourke logo that is on the prototype pictures:


So, after speaking with several people at both Dooney & Bourke and Disney Merchandising, I'm going to send it in for "repair." Disney Merchandising offered to replace the whole bag, which is not what I wanted due to placement. Dooney & Bourke offered to take the bag I have and stitch the logo onto the bag. The only catch is that I would have to wait until the end of July, because their repair shop closes for a month. 

So, I'll have to miss my beautiful tote for a little while, but I think it will be worth the wait!




1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am a Disney Travel Agent and I saw your post about these bags while investigating on Google anyone with a similar situation with their Dooney Satchel. And your site popped up! First you gave me the most wonderful ideas for fish extender gifts on our upcoming Disney cruise. But most importantly you gave me advice on what to do with my Dooney bag.

    I saw on line that these Disney Inaugural Bags are supposed to have a stitched Dooney & Bourke logo. And mine does not exactly like yours. I called Guest Services who apparently have never heard of this error. I'm now awaiting a call tomorrow from someone that knows the Cruise merchandise. I'm interested in hearing which option you chose to have your bag repaired. I wasn't too thrilled with my placement (no Mickey at all on the bag) so I wouldn't mind a new bag just as long as I get my Inaugural tag back. I have not yet contacted Dooney directly. That will be step 2. I just noticed it now and the bag is still brand new, but I lost the actual receipt. Did this matter for your bag? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love your site :)

    ReplyDelete