Friday, June 15, 2012

I Did It!

Remember this post? It was the one about booking a sail and snorkel excursion. Only here's a little confession: I didn't actually know how to snorkel. 

I have never been anywhere that required snorkeling, and it's so not me. While I'm a strong swimmer, I have a healthy respect for water. As in I sometimes have a fear of drowning. And driving a car over a bridge with water underneath it. And being stuck in a car when it is submerged in water. I don't how these fears came about, but they are very real to me. 

So, tonight while we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Marc taught me how to snorkel. I had to break it down into steps: I started with breathing underwater using the tube. Then I used only the mask to make sure I could see clearly underwater. (I was scared I was going to lose a contact!) Then, I combined both and just practiced breathing underwater. 

Pretty soon I was snorkeling! I swam all around that pool, and the more I did it, the better I got. I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment